Jefferson Township ‘Spring Fling’ Wrestling Tournament for Saturday June 19th 2021
The format will be split into 2 separate sessions as detailed below. There will be 8 different divisions and all sessions will be using 8 mats throughout the entire tournament.
We have a dedicated ‘High School Girls’ division; however, girls younger than high school are certainly welcomed to register for any division (6u / 8u / 10u / 12u / 14u).
When registering, please ensure you select the correct session..
Session #1: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- 6 and under (6u)
- 8 and under (8u)
- 10 and under (10u)
Session #2: 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- 12 and under (12u)
- 14 and under (14u)
- High School Girls
- High School Boys
- The Madison System will be used to determine final division/weight classes
- All periods will be 1 minute 30 seconds for all sessions
- Weight challenges must be made prior to the end of the first round of any division
- The majority of weight classes will be a 4 man round robin format
- Each wrestler should compete in at least 3 matches
- Commemorative Spring Fling medals will be awarded for all participants
- Concessions will be available for all sessions
- Wrestlers Skill Level Definitions:
- Novice: 1st and 2nd year participants with basic wrestling knowledge.
- Experienced: A good understanding of wrestling concepts and can execute a variety of moves fairly well in all positions, neutral, referee/top, and referee/bottom.
- Advanced: Higher quality wrestler, can feel moves, has chain wrestling skills, and technically proficient beyond an experienced wrestler.
- Elite: Highest quality wrestler that is situation aware, tactical and strategic, and can chain wrestle at a very high level.
Please arrive 30-45 minutes prior to your session start time. We make every effort to start our tournament on time!